I’ve been eager to take a photo of this quilt that I completed yesterday. In fact, I just returned from the camera store with a new lens to make this a priority. The quilt top has been done for quite awhile, but I finally just pulled it all together. Back in the donated box of fabric from Rosemary was a nice swatch of night sky fabric with gold dots in it. I took one look at that fabric and saw a star-filled sky. This past summer I made a quilt for the Dallas police tragedy and that quilt had stars in it, which radiated so nicely. Those same stars came to mind as I dreamt up a new doll quilt for some space-loving kid.
2016, Donated Quilt which I made for the Dallas Police Tragedy
After making the two large scrappy stars, I felt something else was needed. So naturally, a spaceship came about and of course…it had to have a sock monkey at the controls. So this is my fun and free style quilt. I don’t know why I took so long to pull it all together because I had a “blast” (see what I did there) with quilting it. I added orange doodle-like swirls space wind and wide swirls in the stars. The rocket had to have red flames for take off. Finally, I used a straight navy binding with a red accent at the bottom to accentuate the lift off!
This quilt will be going to A Doll Like Me just as soon as I can part with it!